Saturday, December 15, 2012

Day 4 - Amelia

I was reading a Washington Post article that had a link to a blog that linked me to another blog that I quickly became obsessed with.  And since my sewing machine is broken and I couldn't come up with something to knit, I hoped I'd find something here.  I know a lot of people do necklaces, but when I saw this I immediately thought of the group, it's cute and different and kinda nerdy and, most importantly, I thought I could do 12.  I don't think it came out quite as cute as the original picture, and it quickly became obvious how useful and absolutely necessary a Silhouette is.  Instead, these were lovingly cut and stacked and glued by hand, as you can clearly see.  I keep finding tiny paper squares all over the house.  I know some of you aren't fans of the more pastel colors, but I already had the paper.  If you like the idea and want a brighter color it isn't hard to make one yourself.  I tried to seal them up as best I could, I hope they hold up okay.  Just don't dip them in water or anything.  The card idea came from the original blog, it seemed like the perfect way to "package" up my gift.

Here's a link to the necklace tutorial http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2012/02/diy-pixel-heart-necklace.html.  Seriously, this blog is CHOCK FULL of super cute ideas, yarn, fabric, and paper.  The mustache cards are here http://sah-rah.com/send-a-stache/  This one also has tons of cute crafts, but is mostly just pictures without any real help for making them yourself.  I really wanted to do something else from her blog, but with no tutorial I knew I wouldn't have time to figure it out and then make a bunch more.  Maybe next year ;)

Happy Holidays!  I love you all!!




8 comments:

  1. Wow, these are so cool! Just awesomely cool. And the card! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love- Genius! Love the minty green color too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our heart in pixels seems to perfectly sum up this group. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is just perfect! I have a feeling once Dacia sees it, she is going to try and steal it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Amelia! So cool! And I can't believe you cut them all by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia, these heart necklaces are adorable! You are my cutting idol! I am envious of your cutting skills. I can not cut a straight line to save my life! The yellow is perfect for me- my favorite color! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love that blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have NO idea how much I love this. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I peered at it for a good ten minutes wondering if you hand cut these! Amazing! And the dainty chain is perfect. Fantastic pick!

    ReplyDelete