Friday, December 21, 2012

Day 10 - Lindz

I'm so pleased everyone was willing to jump on the theme of using up scraps or otherwise thrifting this year's swappie gifts!  Goodness knows we wouldn't want to let the economy dampen our holiday spirits!

I love putting the FUN in function (and also dysfunctional, which you would see if you ever had to attend one of my family's gatherings) so this year's gift was all about function.  I made a whole batch of these hand warmers for the Pumpkin Pies (sorry Nas!) and was itching to make some more, so that is how you came to be the owners of your very own set of felt hand warmers.  They are filled with rice and tea leaves for a pleasant aroma when you heat them in the microwave (30-60 secs depending on how how you like them).

I was so pleased with how they turned out - no two are exactly alike.  I was done with them and went to peruse the old blog entries when I discovered that team received some like these last year!  So sorry ladies for the repeat gift!  Just know they were made with love and ignorance!  :)

Merriest of Christmases to y'all... your continued friendship truly warms my heart!




5 comments:

  1. Love these! They are so handy. You can never have too many hand warmers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only did I know exactly what they were, but I remember exactly who made them last swap and what they looked like because I was sooooo jealous I didn't get one. And I pinned them and was going to make my own and never did. And now I have my very very own, hallelujah!! thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE! Love mine, and yes, they do smell lovely when heated. I needed to show the kids what they were for, since they thought they were beanbags...lol. Thanks Lindz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! Especially since I ALWAYS have cold hands! THank you!!!

    ReplyDelete