Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 1 - Dawn R

When the challenge was thrown down to use scraps I knew instantly it would be felt. I have an obsession with felt. I love the colors, versatility and the ease to work with it. Originally I found these cute little felt trees, after making two I realized they just were not working. The pattern wasn't that great, they weren't matching up and they weren't as cute as I would of liked. I was browsing Pinterest when I noticed these cute little ornaments that had been pinned by Emily. The blogger did them with a kindergarten class, I figured if they could do it I could. I had the shimmery embroidery floss from another project and the Rick rack from another swap. I did buy the small glass beads for $2.99.

I love how they turned out, the hodge podge of colors, the mismatched circles and the star in the middle. 




11 comments:

  1. They are stunning and mine looks so wonderful on the tree! I know what I'm making for Thursdays craft night... lol. Thank you Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn! The second the kids woke up, I jumped out of bed to go open day 1. I love it and it was put right on my tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, now I wish I would have joined the swap to get one of those cute ornaments! ;) nice job, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mine!!! I am obsessed with rick rack so that was the perfect touch. Handmade ornaments are my fave. Thanks so much for such a great start to the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! I love felt too and the bead is such a great touch! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love my ornament!! The girls rushed right over to the tree to find its perfect "home"! Thank you Dawn! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Dawn!! the colors are perfect, the details are perfect and it looks perfect on our tree! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finally sat down at a real computer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It looks perfect on our tree, perfect size and I love all the color mix and match. They all came out great! Perfect. Ha, I didn't read the other comments first, I guess perfect is the word of the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this ornament! I commend you on the hand stitching... that is not a talent I hold :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Dawn, I LOVE it and it looks perfect on the treee!! Of course Sadie has claimed it as her own, because it has "sparkles" on it, haha! Id love to make a bunch more, I think a whole bunch of them on a tree would look adorable! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo I can comment! Sorry to be a few days late, but thank you Dawn. I love the colors and it look fantastic on my tree :)

    ReplyDelete