Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 3 - Allison

I had a bunch of white felt left over from last year. I searched pinterest for an ornament to make with it. I found this, http://www.thatartistwoman.org/2008/12/skates_02.html and decided to make it. It seemed simple enough which was required since I had to make 12 sets of them. And I loved that it used paperclips for the skates. I did modify them a bit since the glue wasn't holding them closed, so I hand sewed around the edges. The only thing I had to buy was the red sequins. Hope everyone enjoys their ice skate ornaments. I had fun making them!




10 comments:

  1. These are beautiful and so cute with the paperclips! Love love love them! Thank you Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I totally forgot that my great aunts had made these as well. I always loved them. What a great reminder. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! My mom had some when I was a kid so it reminded me of that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a creative idea! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute and the boys were so excited to hang them on the tree this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO stinking adorable! The paperclips are such a great little touch - really brings out the handmade specialness of them. Great pick! The girls loved them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable!!! Such a sweet idea, they came out great. Ellie is in absolute love with them. I especially love the paper clip skates, the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This gift also reminded me of my childhood! I have always loved ice skating, and these skates are too cute! I love the paperclips, and that the ribbon for the laces is what is used to hang them on the tree! Thank you Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the paperclips! Such a perfect idea for this swap! Thanks Allison :)

    ReplyDelete