Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 12 - Stefanie

This year for the swap, I wanted to try my hand at something crocheted since I am fairly new to the craft and was having a lot of fun with it.  I have a crocheted bracelet that I was gifted that I am really in love with -- so I tried to find a similar pattern but without luck; I got all creative and I ended up making my own!   It is a simple cuff of alternating single and double crochet stitches. It was too plain, so I tried my hand at crocheting a snowflake to go on top. I used this pattern.  My first 2-3 were epic FAILS, but once I got the hang of it, they were pretty simple.  Instead of just attaching the snowflake directly to the bracelet, I hot glued it to a pin so it can be removed and the bracelet/cuff can be adorned with something else or worn just plain.  

I made one for myself because I thought they were pretty cute!  Hope you enjoy them!







3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extra super impressed that you tackled 12 snow flakes!!! They came out great! I think you can officially say you're no longer new to the craft and are now an expert crocheter. What a cute idea and the perfect addition. So cute, and warm, too! I just wore mine to the grocery store :) Love it! Can't believe there's only one day left :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Thanks so much! Super impressed you made that many snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete